Introduction to ArcGIS - Part 2
Duration: 1 Day.
Cost: £300 (ex VAT)
Discounted for 2+ people or 1 person booking Introduction Part 1 and Part 2 back-to-back.
CPD: worth 3 AGI CPD Points
This one-day ArcGIS training course follows on from the material covered in the Introduction to ArcGIS Part 1 course, and is designed for those who would like to develop and expand their knowledge and skills beyond the basics. The course has a particular focus on data manipulation, analysis and editing techniques. Through a combination of tutor led teaching and hands-on exercises it aims to give users confidence to use the power of GIS and ArcGIS to display, manipulate and analyse information geographically, with the result that they are able to make more informed decisions.
The Introduction to ArcGIS Part 2 course covers basic data analysis, editing and importing - it will show you how to write a query to select specific features; how to bring in data from an external source such as Excel; how to set up an attribute join to visualise such data on the map; how to create shapefiles and geodatabases; how to edit existing map features and create new ones using the edit toolbar.
What to expect from your ArcGIS training with Salford GIS at Technology House:-
- One PC for each trainee
- Air-conditioned training room
- Experienced trainer with sense of humour
- Relevant data with worked examples
- Hands-on interactive approach
- No more than 6 trainees per course
- Lunch and refreshments provided
- Comprehensive training course manual
- Certificate on course completion
- 30 days (phone/email-based) GIS Lifebelt technical support
|Forthcoming Introduction to ArcGIS - Part 2 Training Courses|
| 19 Jul 2017
| 27 Sep 2017
ArcGIS Training - Intro Part 2 Intro Part 2 - Full Details
1. Using External Data Sources
2. Selections and Queries
3. Editing Features and Attributes
4. Working with Tables
Need something a little more basic? Take a look at our ArcGIS Introduction - Part 1 course